Friday, October 9, 2009

My Meal

So when looking at this new blog post and what I had to do, I became a little concerned. Having to prepare a meal for my self, and, or others, is a slightly daunting task to preform when you live in the dorms. Plus I had to think of a way to do so in about a day. What I did was give my brother a call and headed over to his place to get my chef on.
Me being as broke as I am did not really have a lot of extra money to spare, so my brother bought some steaks on his way home from work. Nothing really high end just your basic steak. It was not in any means a low-fat processed food.
I agree 100% with pollen that low-fat processed foods are not a healthy source of nutrition.
To some people this may sound like it is just a terrible idea, but it is not. Fat is good for you, in controlled amounts, there is a series of health benifits to having some fat in your diets: our brain is 70% fat, we need it to metabolism vitamins, and it can actually help us loose weight by helping us control are urges. If a person was to cut out most, or all fats from their diets they would suffer a series of unhealthy side effects. To name a few, hair loss, poor immune system, and they would loose a number of platelets(used for clotting). You can find the information at http://www.eatingdisordersonline.com/nutritional/fats.php
Now back to how I prepared my dinner. I put olive oil on a frying pan and heated it up. I then threw on my steak added my spices and started to cook it, and you know what? When I took that first bite it tasted amazing, it was the best food I have eaten in a month. I have no shame in eating that steak fried in olive oil and covered in garlic salt, because I know that I still am a very healthy individual. Like I said earlier it is allright to eat food like that once in a wile. Just as long as it doesn't become an everyday thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment